Monday, June 4, 2007

Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!

June 1, 2002 is our wedding anniversary, which means that we just celebrated our 5th anniversary. We had already planned to be in Utah visiting my mom and sister for my little sister's high school graduation so I had to plan our anniversary events around that. I have always dreamed about going to the Salt Lake Temple. When I was little I wanted to get married there, but my mom convinced me that no one would want to go all the way to Utah for a wedding,... well, you get the idea. So I HAD to go to the temple. We arranged to go to a session there, it was BEAUTIFUL!!!! From the moment I walked into the main hallway, I just began to cry. The detail and the majestic look was too much to handle, LOL...I cried through the entire 2 hour session. If you have never been, I highly recommend it.
After our temple session we went to dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial building, the top floor has a restaurant called The Roof. It is a gourmet buffet. We had a window table and our view was the sun setting behind the temple spires. Again, it was gorgeous and very romantic.
We had a wonderful time visiting with my family, but taking my dad's suggestion, we decided to stay downtown in SLC for the evening so we could be alone. I am so glad we did, because it was so relaxing to just be the two of us, without any plans, or chaos.
Our anniversary went perfectly, just the way I planned. I don't have many pictures, but I will post what I have.

Our hotel room, thanks for the tip Aracely.

Matt and I in front of the temple

An attempted self-portrait

Our view at dinner!

Matt and I at The Roof, I recommend the peach lemonade!!

Our dessert in the hotel

7 comments:

Pat and Anndalyn said...

How Fun! I'm so glad you had such a perfect day. I still haven't been into the SL Temple either and now I really want to go! You are still as beautiful as ever Katie!!

Jamie and Family said...

how fun! good job at taking pics!! the sl temple is great, we were able to get married there so its special to us too.

jamie

Cristin said...

The SLC temple is SO impressive. Congratulations! 5 years is exciting!

Erin said...

awwww Congradualtions!! but I can't really believe that we are 5 years older than when I went to your wedding... :P time really flys

hehe I have to plan my year anniversary around my brothers graduation :P which is next week!!! eeeeeep (not quite as important as a wedding anniversary but hey)

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Congratulations Katie!! 5 years - doesn't time fly by!! You two make a great couple.. I'm glad my recommendation worked out great! Looks like you guys had a great time...

Shannon Nielsen said...

Congrats you two! Katie I know how much you love the SL temple and I got all teary eyed reading your post! A very sweet and memorable way to spend #5! You guys look as adorable as ever - love that dress!

Tracy said...

What a perfect weekend - loved the pictures!