Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thread those brows!

I had a new experience today! I went with my friend to a place that does threading, an ancient hair removal process from the middle east. It is pretty interesting how they do it. The clinician takes a piece of cotton thread and twists it around a row of "unwanted" hair and pulls it out. It is kind of a cross between waxing and plucking, no wax, but it removes hair faster than plucking one strand at a time. I had my eyebrows done for about $5.00 and it took about 2 minutes per eyebrow. I am not a maintenance person, but I think I could do this. I don't think it hurt any more than waxing or plucking, but it did feel a little different...hard to explain this unique feeling. I would definitely recommend it. I put a picture here so you can visualize what it really is.


So now, I would like some feed back from anyone who has tried this. I am curious as to your opinions.

1 comment:

Candace said...

That is really neat Katie. I have always wondered if that hurt more than waxing. That is really neat that you got to try it out. Are you coming to Camarillo for Christmas at all?