Sunday, August 17, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

I was babysitting my nephew, Tanner, last week and took him to an activity. While we were there I sat next to a friend, Angela. This is the conversation that took place:


Me: Tanner, tell her who is in here (pointing to my stomach)
Tanner: Oh, that is my cousin
Angela: How did the baby get in there (expecting a cutesie answer)
Tanner: Well, (holding up his hand to show a tiny circle) there is this little thing that moves, and has a tail and it goes to another thing, then the baby grows.
Angela: (a bit surprised), Did the baby come from Heaven? (again, hoping for a cutesie answer)
Tanner: (looking perplexed), No, it came from Matt!



HAHAHAHA! I just laughed and laughed. My little nephew is extremely educated! Go Tanner!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

that is the funniest thing I've heard Katie! So funny lol!

Val said...

That's kinda sick that Tanner knows that at such a young age. I remember YOU (and Erika and Natalie) teaching me that when I was like... 12!!! He's only 6, there's something wrong with that picture. :P