Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our new mattress

We had a great Labor day weekend, how about you? My favorite part was having an extra day not to work! :) But in addition to that, Matt and I went out and purchased a brand new mattress! We have been talking about going out and buying a new one for quite some time, but it always gets put off. Up until now our mattress has been fine, it is just old. Well, lately I haven't been getting great sleep, because every morning I have been waking up with extreme back pain, and has really been affecting me all day. To resolve the issue temporarily I spent about 5 days sleeping out on the couch. Our couch is REALLY comfortable and quite frankly I could sleep there any time, but it was kind of weird sleeping away from Matt. So, we finally gave in and went shopping!

We went to Custom Comfort Mattress, and we had a really great experience. And we had the mattress delivered the same day. So...here are a few pictures of our adventure (what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't take pictures of this!?!)

This has been my bed for the last week. It is super comfortable! (That beautiful afghan was knitted by my Grandma)
Here I am at 25 weeks. It isn't the best picture of me, but it does show my tummy!Out with the old!Here is Matt, patiently waiting, in the bed frame, for our new mattress to arrive.
Here it is, our first mattress!
But, we didn't really figure that it was going to be WAY taller than the other mattress...I feel like a toddler trying to get up onto mommy's bed! HA! I still like it though. (Apparently we can get a shorter box-spring to accommodate, but I don't think we will).Hooray! We are so happy!
For the record, the bed is really comfortable and I am sleeping much better now. I think that my pregnancy isn't going to allow me to be perfectly comfortable, but it is much better than it used to be!


7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love how you documented the experience with photos for your blog! lol I am always thinking oh I should take pictures to post this! Your tummy looks so cute :) How nice to have a brand new bed to sleep on! It is not fun trying to sleep comfortably when pregnant and unfortunately it only gets worse, but having a nice new mattress will make a big difference i'm sure. I used to make Dan sleep on his side and I would lean up against him for back support. :)

Case Family said...

I felt the same way when we got our mattress 7 years ago. During my pregnancies, I am reminded however, at how much more difficult it is to get into and, sometimes out of, the darn thing. But oh, what a difference it is to sleep on a mattress that actually supports your back and is comfortable. Especially after that kid is out, you will want to have the best between feedings sleep as possible. Enjoy!!!

MaryAnn said...

Very Nice! I am glad it is helping your back. I love your preggo picture!

Candace said...

YOU ARE WAY TO CUTE... NO FAIR..

Love you.

Cory CL said...

Hey Katie,
I know you're in my facebook, but I had yet to venture into your blog world! YOU'RE PREGNANT! Obviously I'm a little behind, but congrats!!! You are one of those darling pregos...sigh...not all of us can be. I certainly never pulled it off! Enjoy the new mattress. It makes all the difference in the world. That and Unisom.
xoxo
Cory

Shannon Nielsen said...

Katie you look adorable! (Matt you too Paul wants that cool Star Wars shirt too!)

Lewis Times said...

We have our bed up on supports. Mostly to use it for storage, but we've come to love it for the fact that it's off limits to the little ones! However Taylor taught Abie how to use the nightstand about 6 months ago. Until then it was a nice haven for Benjamin (yes, before he could roll, and even in a bouncer when I REALLY needed a shower). Enjoy the sweet sleeps!