Saturday, September 27, 2008

Booyah!

I totally kicked boo-tay on my 3-hour glucose test! TAKE THAT, GESTATIONAL DIABETES!!! IN YOUR FACE! :)

Ok, so I passed my test... "with flying colors" as my doctor said, however, he wants me to watch my carbohydrates :( At first when he told me that I need to cut back on carbs (because I did fail the first test) I just had a moment where I held my arms up in the air and cried out to the heavens "Noooooooooo!" That is when he said that I need to cut back on carbs so I don't have a 15 pound baby..."oh, OK! Enough said!"

Well, everything else seems to be going just fine and dandy. As always the heartbeat sounded great, I am measuring fine, and for the first time my doctor actually brought up the topic of delivery! Holy cow, I can hardly believe that things will be winding down very soon. I am very much looking forward to having my baby, to hold him, to kiss him, to see his daddy interact with him. It just gives me butterflies in my heart thinking about it. Matt and I are so in love with him already! Just last night, Matt made the comment "he is going to come out knowing that he is loved!" AWWWW! CUTE!

Here is something that is kind of funny: I have noticed that my baby boy doesn't like other things in his territory. When I rest my hand/arm on the top of my tummy he kicks it off, he always kicks the doctor's doppler directly, when I took the breast feeding class, he kicked my fake baby, and last night I was holding a newborn and yes he even kicked her too. Ooh he has attitude! I love it!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay he'll be here soon! It is such a magical time to actually be able to hold him, hear him, see him and have him see you for the first time! I'm glad you passed the test!

Natalie Reynolds said...

Heck ya! My nephew is territorial! I love it!