Saturday, September 27, 2008

Aaarrrgh!

Many of you know of my family's background with bagpipes and Scottish dancing. I have been raised listening to the bagpipes and performing in many different venues with my dad and sisters. In many different places there are annual Renaissance fairs, Scottish competition games, etc. And every now and again the Scottish theme gets pulled into areas that it doesn't necesssarily belong to. This weekend was the annual Pirate Faire held out in Ojai at Lake Casitas. My dad and his bagpipe band were there, and since our baby's nursery is going to be pirate themed, Matt and I just had to go!

My dad is a great entertainer, and he thought it would be fun if during his performance he "challenged" an audience member to try dancing...well, I was his plant in the audience. He says, "this dancing is so easy, even a pregnant woman could do it...oh look, here is one now!" So I stand and he introduces me as his daughter. Dad has also learned how to do a few dances himself, so he and I danced at our wedding together, and again today. (Here we are at my wedding...obviously...thank goodness I had all those layers of tulle to cover me, look how high I pulled my dress up!!) Matt took the video of it. Don't worry, the baby was completely fine, he did lots of moving around today, so we are convinced that he is already a performer! Hope you enjoy!

For the record, we did in fact buy the baby some pirate onesies, and some wooden swords to put on the wall in the nursery.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Ok, THAT was quite possibly the coolest thing I've seen as of late!!! I TOTALLY want you to teach me that dance! I'm serious! That's a total workout and a half - I'm not kidding about wanting you to teach me. I LOVE to dance, but just haven't had as much inspiration recently to do so - now I want to learn that one! Great job and glad the little man-cub got a nice ride at the same time! :)

Jennifer said...

LOL that is so cool that your dad is in a bagpipe band for one thing but he also dances! And how fun that you know how too and get to perform with him! Looks like fun! Dan really likes bagpipes and thinks your dad is pretty cool too!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Love it!!! That's awesome that Matt was able to capture that on video. Your dad is a fantastic performer and you are a great dancer. Great team!!

Erin said...

HAHA Thats really neat! Aww I remember you dancing at your reception, it was great.

Tracy said...

How awesome! Oh my gosh, I was out of breath just watching that! You two are so cute!

Ashley said...

You are such a good sport.

Unknown said...

That was some pretty hot dancin katie....you should show me and my big bootay how to do it.

Candace said...

YOU ARE CRAZY!