Saturday, June 13, 2009

Trip to Utah

We took Scott on his first trip to Utah last week to visit his grandma and aunt Valerie! My mom and sister came to stay with us when Scott was born, but they haven't seen him since he was about 2 weeks old. Needless to say, there have been a few changes since then!

I was able to find a really great price on Jetblue Airlines (highly recommended!) so we didn't have to worry about making that long drive with a baby. If anyone really knows me, they know that I have to plan things out with lists and schedules and Plan-A, Plan-B scenarios. It is a bit obsessive compulsive. So, I had decided that flying first thing in the morning was going to be the best time for Scott, so he could just sleep on the plane. Scott's first airplane ride went great! He didn't actually sleep (until we were landing), but there wasn't much fussing, and we only needed to do one diaper change in the lavatory. Here are are a few pictures from the airplane. We totally took advantage of being able to board the airplane first!

I had Scott all wrapped up for his nap, but that didn't last very long.
Scott and Matt were watching TV together.

While we were in Utah we went to my Uncle Erik's new restaurant, The Smoking Apple. It is a BBQ casual restaurant...and the food is remarkable! If you ever find yourself in Lindon, UT make sure you take time to go there to eat. We actually managed to go there twice!
Scott was able to meet his great-grandma Lois Sullivan while we were visiting. My grandma has 6 great-grandchildren and she is in all her glory!!! Here is a picture of grandma with almost all of the great-grandchildren. Tanner is the only one missing from this picture.

And here is my 4-generation picture. I am so glad that I was able to get this picture!

Our other adventures consisted of going to a Wild Outdoors Festival...only to be driven away due to the down-pouring rain and fierce winds that made canopies tumble across the field.

Matt and I went to see a movie, and had grandma babysit. It was really nice to go on a date with my husband, but of course I kept my cellphone at my side the entire time.

And of course we went to Hires' Big H in Salt Lake City. My dad would always say that he would travel 800 miles for a hamburger because we MUST eat there every time we go to Utah.

It was nice getting away and taking Scott on his first trip away from home, but it was also really nice to come home. I didn't realize how much children are attached to their own surroundings. It took Scott a few days to adjust being away from home, but he did great...he is such a champ!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love Scott's red hair!

Jennifer said...

ok here's another good one to enlarge for a frame. the one of scott in matt's arms on the airplane. It could look all artistic!