Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving today. This year my family decided to spend Thanksgiving in Utah at my mom's house. Originally the plan was for all of the kids to drive up from California together. Unfortunately at last minute one of my sisters, Natalie, could not come due to work (boo!) So our journey began yesterday (the day before Thanksgiving). My older brother, Clint, started in Santa Barbara and drove into Camarillo to pick up my sister Erika, her son Tanner, and my little brother Andrew. They the left for the ~80 mile drive to Anaheim (typically a 90 minute drive), which ended up taking about 4 hours (boo again!) *by the way, this wasn't a surprise, we are all fully aware that this is the busiest travel day of the year*. They did not get to Matt and me until 6:30PM. Now as unmotivating as it was to leave for Utah that late into the night, we really didn't have much of a choice. So on we went!
I guess the one good thing about leaving that late is that the traffic had died down tremendously! We probably only added about 30 minutes to our 10 hour drive. I drove the majority of the way, just cuz I felt like it. But Matt had to finish off the last two hours (around 2:30am-4:30am). Besides being EXTREMELY tired, it wasn't a bad drive. Most of the passengers slept through the entire drive anyway.
So here we are in Utah now. The weather is very cold, but no snow or anything. We currently have our turkey in the oven which I prepared with my mother as my sweet grandmother observed. I can't wait to over stuff myself!
Ok, so a long story about how we got here, but I have to say that I am so grateful to be with my mother, my grandmother, and most of my siblings (Natalie will be having Thanksgiving dinner with my dad :) I am grateful for my husband!! He takes such good care of me, he makes me laugh, and he gives me so much joy. Our love for one another grows each day! I am grateful that I only have 179 days until my graduation. I am grateful for good friends. I am grateful for my niece and nephews and for the joy they bring me. I am grateful for the beautiful world we live in and for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I hope you all take time today to give thanks. Best wishes!

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful for blogs to help us keep in touch with our friends and family. Travel safely Katie! Tell Nat hi and I hope she had a good Thanksgiving.

Candace said...

Happy Thanksgiving Katie. Tell all your fam that we said HELLO.. Talk to you later.