Monday, February 25, 2008

Billy Joel Concert

This last Saturday Matt and I went to a concert at the Honda Center (previously the Arrowhead Pond). A couple weeks ago Matt sent me a text message while I was at school asking me if I wanted to see Billy Joel. I am not a HUGE music person. Don't get me wrong, I like music, I like listening to music...but please don't ask me to identify a band by listening to a single song...and I would certainly be out on the first round of "Don't forget the lyrics!" But I figured it would be fun and I knew Matt would really enjoy it so I agreed to go.

Unfortunately our seats were in the nosebleed section... Here are a few pictures of us and our view.

Now, obviously they had his image projected on the jumbo screen, and we could hear the music, so it wasn't that bad. It was a really fun concert. The performances were all fantastic, and he has a really fun sense of humor so he kept us laughing when he wasn't playing. It was really funny when he said "Hi everyone, I'm Billy's dad...he couldn't be here. He is at home combing his hair." Ha ha ha. (cuz see, he's old now...and doesn't have any hair.)

He even had a roadie come out and sing "Highway to Hell" while Billy Joel played backup guitar. Here is a video I found of it (not from the night we went).



The best part was watching the people around us. To our right we had 5 ladies who wanted to stand and dance through the entire concert (and they were totally drunk). Then straight ahead a few rows was a couple who wanted to act out all the songs to each other...especially the love songs (get a room!). Then to our left there was the teenage boy who obviously was dragged to the concert by his parents, I think he actually fell asleep for part of it. Then of course I can't forget to mention the lingering smell of pot.

We had a great time. Matt sang along with most of the songs (I didn't), and I danced (Matt didn't). And the best part is...we only live like 5 minutes away from the Honda Center so we didn't have a long drive home. What a great night!

3 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

fun post!! I'm so totally envious!! Mike and I are huge Billy Joel fans. In fact I knew I ws going to marry him after a few dates because he loved Bill Joel as much as I did. I'm glad to hear you guys had a good time.

Cristin said...

Wow, Billy Joel is old and I didn't even realize it until I watched your youtube video. Too bad you don't have a video of that couple acting out each song... just kidding, that sounds GROSS.

Candace said...

I am glad that you had a fun time at the concert. It was lots of fun seeing you guys on Saturday...

I love seeing drunk people at concerts, but I don't like sitting by them..