Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm free, to do what I want!

I am done with school. I have to keep reminding myself of that fact now and then because I have hard time believing it. It seems like it is impossible for me to be actually done, but I am. We don't have to take finals this semester because we have already passed our National Board, so there is no reason for us to take another exam testing our knowledge when we already passed the big one! So for the rest of this week I get to sit back and relax. Unfortunately, Matt is out of town, again. He has been in Chicago since Monday, but he comes home today.

I have a lot of things that need to be done now that I have some time, you know, the things I have avoided for the last 2 years because of school. I figured I would list them, so I don't forget anything. (These are in no particular order)

  • Clean my house...I mean really clean: scrub, dust, organize, disinfect, vacuum, laundry (I believe that is called "Spring Cleaning"-I wouldn't know, I've never done it)
  • Start making dinner...I can count on one hand the number of times I have cooked anything for dinner this year
  • Plant some new flowers in my front yard
  • Start exercising, again (maybe taking my dogs for walks)
  • Reading my scriptures on a daily basis
  • Scrapbook my dental hygiene experience
  • Shave my legs and pluck my eyebrows
  • Go on a trip to Utah to visit mom
  • File all my paperwork: bills, taxes, pay stubs, etc.
  • Watch those Netflix movies that have been sitting in the house for months
  • Call my friends
I think that should be enough to keep me busy. Now just to clarify, I am not going to be staying home all day, every day for the next couple of months. I will start working, but I don't have to worry about homework, studying, projects, blah blah blah.

This new freedom might take some getting use to. But I am willing to make the effort. :)

4 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Sounds like fun plans!! You should add to the list a mani/pedi with me!!

MaryAnn said...

Good idea with the list. Enjoy it!

Erin said...

yaaaay done!!!! congrats!

now maybe we will have time to see each other more than once a year!

Jennifer said...

It must feel so good to finally be done! Congratulations!