Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Socks

We've "adopted" a cat. Our across the street neighbor's cat wanders around the neighborhood and all of a sudden he started walking up to our house on a very regular basis. Before, he used to just wander around in the plants, but now he is coming up to our doorstep and mewing like he wants to come inside-he actually did sneak into the house one day when I opened the door a little too wide. I put out some water on the doorstep, just because it has been so hot lately.

Matt has named the cat "Socks" because his white feet, and we go out and play with him. It is kind of funny, because Matt is allergic to cats, and he usually doesn't care for them, but he has really bonded to Socks. Here are a couple of pictures.
For the record, Socks has not made us forget about our doggies. But they sure don't like it when they hear that cat walking up to the door.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I remember my nana adopted a neighborhood cat when I was young and I loved going over there and feeding him. We have adopted ducks. Yes, we have ducks that chill right outside our balcony in the water we have named two of them (usually there are 10) darkwing, and saph, short for sapphire. Then there are the nemesis squirrels that frequent our balcony only to uproot all my flowers...stupid wildlfe, don't they know it's orange county?

Holly said...

The cat's cute, but I like your doggies more! :) Maybe it's just because I've always been more of a dog-lover than a cat-lover. Regardless, we've been sans pets for quite some time now, and although we'd like to get a dog, or two, in the future, it's nice not having the maintainance. :) It'll be fun to see how the doggies react to the new little one!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

cute cat. I'm not a cat person but he looks really cute.

Val said...

Mwahahahahaha!!!!! I KNEW Matt would come around. See? Aren't kitties the bestest ever!?!
lol, jk... but it really is adorable seeing Matt interacting with a cat without the use of tape or toilet paper.
Btw, did you guys put that video on youtube yet?