Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hiccups, Stretch Marks, and More

So things have just been moving right along. As you can see from my little ticker off to the side, I only have 7 more weeks until my due date! Matt and I are so anxious to see our little boy. We can't wait to hold him, and to snuggle him. (Yes, I realize he shouldn't come out now...but I think you understand).

Our little boy has been pretty active. He gets hiccups about 3-4 times a day, he moves a lot, he flutters around, and he stretches. He has stopped using my bladder as a bean bag chair, and has found comfort in my diaphragm and my ribs. That's ok, I love him anyway :)

Matt found my first stretch mark the other day (boo!). I can't see it without looking in the mirror and contorting my body, so I think I will just be in denial! HA! I called my mom to whine about it and she just laughed when I told her I figured I could make it all the way through my pregnancy without any stretch marks. :) Not really, but it does kind of bum me out. I can just call it my first "battle scar."

Besides myself and the pregnancy... Matt and I attended his 10-year high school reunion. We took the camera, but didn't take any pictures. But I can set up the scene for you. Open bar, a bunch of late-20's who are trying to impress, at least one flashing of a full bum and tan thong, and a bunch of drunk strangers (to me) rubbing my belly like I was Buddha. Matt was able to catch up with a couple of old friends, but now with things like Facebook and My Space it seemed like everyone already knew what was happening.

The other night we went out with some of Matt's family to celebrate his Grandmother's 80th birthday! I have adopted her as my own grandmother. I love her dearly, and it was delightful to spend the evening celebrating her birthday. We've got a bet going that she is going to make it to 90! C'mon grandma, you can do it! Here are a couple of pictures from the small little party.

Grandma was very surprised to see the cake come out!

Grandma had no problem blowing out her candles.

Grandma and I waiting for our table.

Matt and his dad... a rare picture, so I had to put it in! :)

9 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daytrippingmom Media said...

You look beautiful Katie :) Pregnancy goes well with you. It was fun to catch the end of Grandma's Party. She is so cute and funny. We told her she has to make it to 100 so that she can be featured on the Today show birthdays.
it was nice chatting with you after dinner :)

Jennifer said...

Katie, I thought I went my whole pregnancy with Hannah without stretch marks until she was born and I could see over my belly again! Its okay we all have them :) Your belly is so perfectly round its no wonder everyone was rubbing it lol, but I know I would have been creeped out if a bunch of drunk strangers were, even if they knew my husband! :) Matt is lucky to still have his grandma. I miss both of mine very much and I never met Dan's. Cherish the time you have with her! I'll see you at your shower, can't wait! :)

Cristin said...

Enjoy these last few weeks of sleep... even if you uncomfortable, it's still more sleep than you're going to get after the baby comes. You look GREAT by the way.

Tracy said...

Katie - you look SO cute. I hate it when women don't get stretch marks! They are a beautiful reminder of - oh never mind.... I'm just lying! :) I got them at 6 months prego and now after 4, I am just one big stretchmark. Oh well. Try to enjoy those hiccups - they can be annoying sometimes! It was fun to see a pic. of Brother Worlely, I miss him! Happy Birthday to Gramma too!

Jamie and Family said...

You do look very cute!

Glad to hear you got together for Grandma's bday, I wondered what was going on. Thanks for the pics :-)

Mareeba said...

you look so cute!!

Ashley said...

You have got to be one of the cutest pregos I have seen.

High school reunion... Mine is next year and I am happy I already have plans on that date. My friends would have made me go.

Shannon Nielsen said...

Don't worry about the stretchmarks they fade and you'll never know they're there unless you live in bathing suit. You look radiant and seeing the 2 of you so close to starting your family makes me undescribably happy for you guys - can't wait to see the little guy - have I missed a post about a name or are you holding off until he's born?