Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day #1 of killing bugs

So in order to officially get ready for our little boy's arrival, we have decided to get the house tented to rid ourselves of those pesky little termites! Have any of you done this before??? Quite an undertaking, but it is going to be worth it I think.

To get ourselves prepared we have

  • Reserved a stay in a hotel
  • Packed all our food and medicine in bags...thank goodness Matt had a whole day off yesterday in order to go through the pantries, freezer, refrigerator, bathroom cabinets, etc.
  • Put our mail on hold
  • Board our dogs...which also means I had to have the vet fax over their immunization records
  • Pack our clothes for our hotel stay
  • Have the gas turned off...the guy is outside right now as I am typing this
  • Take our antenna off the roof (yes, we still use an antenna...no cable or satellite)
  • Turn off the automatic sprinklers
  • Pack up valuables, and things for the baby that I don't want exposed to poisonous gases into my van...they say that the gas doesn't leave any residue and washing dishes and clothing is unnecessary, but hey I am a nesting mom-to-be, I will be washing a lot of stuff when I come back home
Well, that is about it. We will be out of the house for 2 nights. It shouldn't be too bad. It is just a little strange to try to pack for everyday life as opposed to packing for a vacation (i.e., work clothes instead of a bathing suit!). I plan on documenting my little adventure, hopefully I can be helpful to someone out there.

Oh, and go vote!

2 comments:

Case Family said...

I am so glad that you guys are getting the house tented. Those pesky bugs are just disgusting and leave such a mess. Hope you guys enjoy your hotel stay. Have fun!
Kristy

Jamie and Family said...

Wow, that is A HUGE undertaking!!!!! HUGE!!