Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Buried treasure

Matt and I have been a little slow on decorating the baby's nursery. But hey, we still have two weeks until the due date, so why not work on it now?

We have been working really hard on ideas for a pirate themed room that are fun, and something that will really make the room look great. Matt had the idea of making a treasure map to hang on the wall. I didn't quite know what he had in mind so I printed out a couple of pictures of treasure maps. They were all a lot more complicated than what Matt had in mind, so we just kind of compromised ideas until we came up with this:

We bought painters' canvas 5'x5' and I drew out each object onto the canvas before we started painting. This was a collaborative effort, so Matt and I both thought of the designs and painted.

And finally: the finished product!! The picture is kind of dark, but you get the idea...and yes, we realize that the trail doesn't need to go all away around the mountains and over the river twice, but it would be pretty boring if it were just a straight line up the river!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest!!!! you and Matt are awesome - what a lucky little guy to have such a neat mommy and daddy! That is going to be such a wonderful addition to the Pirate room! My mom told me about the quilt they made for you - I'd love to see a picture of it - oh, how fun!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I totally love it!!! It's going to be a perfect addition. So is it going on your accent wall? Can't wait to see to see the nursery and of course little Scott.

Case Family said...

I love it. You guys are great artists. It really looks amazing and I am sure Scott will love it and "treasure" it forever.

Shannon Nielsen said...

Adorable, very good artistry!

Shannon Nielsen said...

Might be a bit over the top, but it would be cute to do an X marks the spot on your belly for the scrapbook...

Cristin said...

That is fantastic. You guys are so creative.

Just in case you DIDN'T finish it before the birth, the baby would probably let you slide a little and not really notice... isn't it funny the things we feel we must do before the birth of a baby? Before Charlie was born I was insistent that I had to go buy bunk beds from Ikea that Luke didn't start actually using until Charlie was 5 months old. That is called nesting.