Friday, January 23, 2009

Picture Time!

I took Scott to get his pictures taken yesterday. It was pretty funny because when the photographer asked how old he was and I said 5 weeks, (6 weeks on Sunday) she looked very surprised, just like everyone else. :) What can I say, I have a big boy!

My appointment at the studio was early in the afternoon initially, but I had to push back our appointment to late afternoon because Scott decided to spit up down the front of his outfit the same minute I put it on him. Ugh, I tried just wiping it off, but being a tiny bit obsessive about it, decided to throw it into the washer. The funny thing is, once I put it on him the second time he had a...very full diaper. All I could do was laugh, and pray that it didn't spill over. Thank goodness we avoided having to wash his clothes for a second time.

Taking infant pictures was not something I was really familiar with, so I showed up to the studio really early to be prepared for anything. I also took a bag with nearly all of his clothes, to be prepared for anything! The photo session lasted for over 2 hours. Scott was really good for the first part, then started to get fussy which slowed things way down. I had to stop to change his clothes, his diaper, to soothe him with his pacifier, and to feed him twice, and ultimately to lull him to sleep. *sigh* Part of me felt as if I was torturing my poor son all for the sake of taking pictures. But I think by taking my time (the photographer was sooo patient with me) I think I wasn't traumatizing him, just allowing him to be unhappy for a few brief seconds at a time. (That's it Katie, just rationalize, everything will be ok.) I would be lying if I said that I wasn't exhausted and wanted to cry by the time I got home, but we were successful in the end. I think everything would have been better if we had managed to make it to the earlier appointment, oh well...live and learn.

Here is my little man in his Hawaiian-vacation look.

Isn't he handsome?

This is going to be the picture for out birth announcements, they are pirate themed.

This is after having a complete meltdown in the mother's room at Babies R' Us.

Last of all, a little keepsake.

I am very pleased with my experience overall. I do feel bad that my son wasn't happy, but I will get past it, I think he slept it off on the car ride home.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, could he BE any cuter? Let me answer that - NO!!! I truly think even a grin couldn't have made those pictures cuter - they are perfect!!! And welcome to the world of photo sessions with babies... I'm "whew-ing" for you right now!!!

Jennifer said...

HE is the cutest! I love those pictures and the one of him asleep is so precious. I want to meet him!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

He is so cute!! I love the picture of him sleeping. It's darling. Ahh the first portrait pictures- I could lie and tell you that it gets better but I won't. The pictures are always worth it but it's so much work.
p.s. Scott looks so much like your mom. He is a cutie!!

Susie said...

He is the cutest thing ever!!! His little outfits are so adorable. I can't believe you were there for 2 hours! I would have for sure been in tears!

Cristin said...

Wow, he looks like he is 9 months old in that picture!

MaryAnn said...

You did it! I know pictures are no fun at all. At least you didn't try naked ones. WHoah was that not fun with Sara. Kudos to you for just pushing through. What a cutie pie!

Candace said...

What cute pictures! I agree with Cristin. He does look like he is nine months old...