Monday, January 5, 2009

A new year, a new life.

Happy 2009! I love when the new year rolls around, it is such an exciting, happy time. I love to go shopping for my new calendars, and having that feeling of starting over. It is great time to reinvent yourself and set new goals, or at least try better at the old ones. I'm not a big "New Year's resolution" person, but I do try to reflect on the past year and ask myself if I am happy with who I am now.

In addition to all these wonderful things, the new year also brings back routine. We've all been on a mini-vacation away from work and daily schedules to some degree. Now is the time to get back to work and school...bummer!

Luckily, Matt has been able to be home from work ever since Scott was born (we were really hoping for him to be born a lot sooner than he was so Matt could have more time off work). It was so great to have Matt home for 3 weeks. It really gave us the opportunity to bond as a family. We both had the chance to spend time with Scott, to get to know him, and to learn how to take care of him. I am happy to say that Matt and I work well together as a parenting team so far!

But now, Matt's time off work is over...bummer again! Today is Matt's first day back to work, and instead of being at the office, he is in Las Vegas until Wednesday doing a video shoot. Scott and I dropped him off this morning at his office, and now we are at home...just the two of us.

This is my first time being alone with Scott for more than an hour. In fact, this is a whole new life for me. Instead of going to work, I get to stay at home with my son and be his mommy! Talk about starting fresh this year! I am looking forward to my one-on-one time with Scott, but we sure are going to miss daddy. Matt is such a fantastic dad (hence my previous post). There are times when I swear he has better maternal instincts than I do. So, I may fumble a little here and there, but I think Scott and I will be ok.

I also want to just say how grateful I am that I have the chance to try to be a stay-at-home mom. We are going to just see how we do, and hopefully we can keep it this way. There will probably be a time when I will need to go back to work, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it. Scott is such a wonderful little boy. He is my little angel and I love him so much. He is curled up on my chest taking a nap while I type this and I just don't want to put him down. Well, here's to my new adventures, and a big hug and kiss to Matt while he is away.

Oops, Scott is awake, time change another poopie diaper.

6 comments:

Frisbie's said...

wow! brave new mommy :0) Call me if you need any visitors!

Frisbie's said...

p.s. we are all healthy right now.. hehe

Erin said...

I can't wait to see you in full mommy action! no pressure though :P my visit can wait... just as long as he isn't a teenager by the time I meet him ;)

Tracy said...

You don't need to put him down - the dishes can wait, but he will never be that tiny again! You'll do great, and the reunion on Wednesday will be so sweet! I'm so happy for you!

Tracy said...

by the way... read my new post. I think you will appreciate the part about having a December baby!

Shannon Nielsen said...

Katie you are one of my maternal role models - even before you had Scott! I've always admired your fun loving, smart, witty, playful, hard working, humble attitude. You were BORN to be a Mommy! Daddy's have that instinct too and that's when you hand the baby over take a nap read a book take a trip to the store by yourself go see a movie with a friend! Then you'll be fresh & ready to jump right back in alongside Matt. Wish we weren't in AZ so we could take the kids for a walk or go out for a girls night out!