Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mommy caught daddy

Have you ever seen someone in love? I thought I had...until I saw the way that Matt looks at Scott. Matt loves his little "bean" and I see it every time he looks at him. My two boys have a great connection, and so I thought I would share some highlights.

This is how I found Matt the day we came home from the hospital. It is just so sweet seeing him mesmerized by Scottie.

Here are my boys, gazing into each others' eyes...a very common picture around here. It just melts my heart every time.
Nap time! Scott loves to fall asleep with daddy.
Matt is already teaching Scott how to play the Wii.
This is after daddy combed Scott's hair. Nice hair-do bubs!
Like father like son.
Aunt Valerie gave Scott this cool chair to sit in, and so daddy felt like Scott was big enough to sit in it...at 2 weeks old. Actually, Scott did pretty well...he has very strong neck and back muscles!
And finally, mommy caught daddy trying to eat baby Scott's hand! He is so cute, we just want to eat him up! YUM!
Now, these are some of my favorite pictures so far that we have of Scott:

The day we came home from the hospital.
The day after he was born...he already wanted to give mommy a hug!
Two pictures proving why we call him our little "bean."
And just for an update, Scott's latest stats are:
9 lbs 15 oz
21.5 inches long

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pictures are so heart-warming! Congrats again! I know you both will be and are great parents!

Erin said...

awww he is so precious.

Mike & Lindy said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable! I love his hair! By the way, he and Lyric share the same birthday, four years apart :)

Shannon Nielsen said...

Those are so sweet. That feeling of a small infant curled up on your chest compares to no other.

KTprice said...

He is just the cutest little thing! and these pictures do him no justice compared to real life scott. and you look great Katie, im so happy for you guys!

Holly said...

I love all those pics! It's awesome to see daddy's in their glory of adoring their babies! I love the fetal position Scott likes too - VERY comfy for them.

Looking great you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love my cute little Scottie. Grandma sends lots of hugs and kisses. OXOXOXOXOX

Cristin said...

You look way too good in that hospital picture!

Jennifer said...

How Sweet! I love the new look on the blog! I love how he curls up like a little bean. he's so so cute!

Tracy said...

aaah Katie, what a precious baby boy you have! I am so happy for you and Matt. Katie, you look beautiful. You both look so happy! Wish I could hold Scottie! Congratulations you guys!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Scott is such a cutie pie. We are all in love with him but Lala and Mikey are crazy about him. Lauren just saw his picture and said that's my cousin Scott- he's so cute mommy!!

Case Family said...

Sounds like you two are having a blast with your little one, or should I just say Matt. :) No I'm only kidding, cause I know mommy is enjoying him just as much. You guys are all so cute together. Of course it doesn't hurt to have a really cute baby too! :)

Candace said...

They are best friends already... I agree with Cristin, you look so good in your hospital pictures, it is disgusting.
love you.

MaryAnn said...

Thanks for the update. I am glad things are going well.

Ashley said...

Goodness, he is a big boy, but so cute! Your birthing experience doesn't sound enjoyable, but am glad everything worked out. You look wonderful by the way, but then again you did when you were pregnant.