Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4-month update

Today Scott is 4 months old! I took him to the doctor this morning for his 4-month checkup, and here are his stats:

Weight: 16 pounds 8 ounces--90th percentile
Height: 26.25"--95th percentile
Head: 42cm--average
Vaccinations: 1-oral, 3-injections...pretty sad cry, but he recovered pretty quickly. Dose of Tylenol, and taking a nap.

We got the ok to start solids, which we will probably start when daddy gets back from New York.

Scott has such a sweet personality. He is a happy baby and he brings a sweet spirit into our home. Whenever people ask me if I like being a mom, I always answer that I am the luckiest mom in the world! How could I possibly ask for anything more? Scott brings so much joy into our lives with his wide open smile, his silly giggle, and his hugs and kisses!

He is a funny little guy, he loves to watch tv. If I have him on the floor facing away from the tv he will crane his neck around until he can see it. He plays with his toys. Right now he likes to stand in his excersaucer, he plays with his link-rings, a few stuffed animals, and he will chew on anything he can get his hands on. He loves the "little boy in the mirror." Scott will talk to him, smile at him, and laugh with him. On occasion they get into an argument, but I usually break it up before it gets out of hand. Scott loves his daddy. True, he loves me too, but when daddy gets home from work, it is all smiles and laughter! They just have a special relationship that makes my heart melt...is this mushy enough for ya? What can I say, life is great.

The picture above is one we took to send to Matt while he is in New York. We just woke up...We miss you daddy!

3 comments:

Cristin said...

Katie, that picture is adorable. He looks way older than 4 months!

MaryAnn said...

Is that red hair I see? What a handsome little baby boy!!!

Jamie and Family said...

Scott looks so big and chubby and cute!!! It made me wonder how he compared to peyton (who was my biggest by FAR at four months). Can you believe she was 21 lbs 4 oz at four months? And 25 inches long, so shorter than he was a bit.

Here's the link if you're curious for some reason....
http://tuckerjamie.blogspot.com/2007/03/baby-stats.html?zx=b3c0a3884c3dc7a