Monday, April 6, 2009

My million dollar idea!

It is no secret that babies tend to fall asleep while riding in cars, and my little Scott is no exception. He does very well in the car, and usually will fall asleep even if he has just woken up from a nap. Inevitably, the car-ride is over and I now have a sleeping baby in a carseat. So, I carefully carry him inside the house and place him gently in a quiet place where I hope he will get a decent nap. Yeah right! Within minutes of the vibrations of the car stopping he is awake. So, here is my million dollar idea: I need a swing that I can attach my car seat to, this way I can just carry my sleeping baby inside the house and stick him in his swing with out waking him up. This way he can continue sleeping, he is happy, and I am happy :)

Well, apparantly Graco (and maybe other companies) is already on top of it. I guess necessity really is the mother of invention, because this is truly a necessity! Too bad I didn't think of it sooner. The funny thing is I really put the idea together in my head and when I described it to Matt he decided to see if the item already exsisted...and here it is. If my baby wasn't almost 4 months old, and if I didn't already have a swing, and if I knew about this sooner, I totally would have bought it! But, at this point, I am not sure if I am ready to spend $50 for a second swing that only is good for infant car seats. My baby is growing fast, and he may not be in an infant car seat for too much longer.

3 comments:

Cristin said...

Funny. Before I read the end of the post I was going to say, "You know, that already exists!" But it looks like you figured that out.

Katie said...

My next big idea is a big cold box that I can keep my food in...oh wait, never mind.

MaryAnn said...

We had one of those. Not worth the money though. It definitley doesn't jiggle the baby the same and if you have a heavier car seat it doesn't swing too well. They have simulators of the car motion you can put on your crib.( It's only a couple hundred dollars. Sheesh!) If you could invent a seat vibrator/jiggler that worked for all kinds of baby seats then you could be a trillionare!