Sunday, March 11, 2007

Bad day...grrr

I had a rough day at school on Friday. I had a quiz, got a previous midterm returned, had a patient cancel for next week, and it all came crashing down. My midterm that was returned to me was the start of my bad day. I studied really hard for my oral pathology class, but I just couldn't fit it all in my brain. I ended up with a C on the exam. That may not have been such a big deal, except the last two exams in that class I also did poorly on. It is a tough class. Then there is the added pressure that if I don't pass that one class (or any class for that matter) by the end of the semester I am out of the dental hygiene program completely. Talk about scary!

Well, I was very upset and so during class I started to cry. I didn't really care who saw me, we have all had our fair share of tears throughout the program. I just sat in the back, cried, and took notes while my professor carried on with her lecture.

That night I received a wonderful phone call from a girl in my class. We get along, but I don't necessarily hang out with her. She called to check on me, a few girls had noticed how upset I was and they just wanted to cheer me up. I am really happy that I have such a great support of other students. We are all going through the same thing, and it is nice to have someone to talk to who really understands. It was a precious moment in the midst of a bad day.

No comments: