Saturday, March 3, 2007

Romantic Acts

There are so many times we women expect our men to do romantic things for us... buy us flowers, surprise us with gifts, etc. But I have to tell you about one of THE most romantic acts that Matt has ever done for me.

While we were dating, Matt and I lived 85 miles apart. I was working at Blockbuster at the time and I took my "lunch/dinner" break. I went home because there was something I needed to do on the computer, and so I called Matt just to chat while I was on my break. Long story short, my computer wasn't working and I had to go back to work. I was so angry because I couldn't do what I wanted to do, and I didn't have time to eat anything. Poor Matt had me complaining in his ear the entire time. As I sometimes do, I over-reacted and got upset at Matt because of nothing he had control over.

I went back to work, grumpy. About an hour later a man from Pizza Hut came in with a delivery for me. Matt had called and ordered a pizza for me to eat, and told the girl on the phone what had happened. So she wrote a love note on the top of the box of the pizza from Matt. I could not keep from crying. Matt was so wonderful that not only did he not get upset that I was mad at him for no reason, but he went out of his way to buy me dinner, because he knew I was hungry. Now that is love!

I love to tell that story because it isn't the big Hollywood romantic event, but to me, he made my heart melt. He is so wonderful, and I still notice those little romantic acts he does for me.

2 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I've heard this story before but I still think it's one of the most romantic things i've ever heard a guy do. Lucky gal. One day I will have to tell you what Mike did- something similar to that. It might run in the family. Lucky girls that we are.

Jamie and Family said...

very sweet. I agree with you. I think Tucker is cutest when he bathes our kids! Now that's romantic! ;-)

Jamie