Sunday, August 12, 2007

I miss digital!

I finally appreciate digital cameras more than ever. When they first came around I was skeptical. I didn't want to use them because I didn't think I would get all my pictures (hard copies), I didn't think the quality would be that good (I didn't quite understand pixels I guess), and I suppose I am a little old fashioned. I have a tendency to think that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I figured I was doing just fine with film cameras, so there was no need to switch over to something other people said was "better."

Obviously, we did get a digital camera a few years ago. I have been loving it! What converted me to digital was our trip to Hawaii. We took our camera with us and our pictures turned out beee-u-tiful!


I have that camera attached to me all the time now. I keep it in my purse, and take it everywhere. I take so many pictures, and I love that I can pick and choose which pictures to keep, and print...if I need to. I have also moved away from having to print out my pictures to enjoy them.

Well, for some reason our wonderful digital camera stopped working, not really sure why. I am going crazy without it!! I need to be able to know that the pictures I take have turned out well, I need to have the ability to take hundreds of pictures and not care about what it might cost to develop all of the pictures. Yesterday Matt and I went to Sea World and I had to take my film camera. I used almost 4 rolls of film and I can't make my post until I get the pictures developed. I don't want to get them developed until I finish up that last roll of film too. What am I supposed to take pictures of? Hmmm, ugh I hate these limitations now that I am used to not having them. Not to mention, I am a historian in my dental hygiene program which will be starting back up next week. Ahhh! What on earth am I going to do? Well, I guess I will be moving on with my film camera for now until we can get our little digital camera fixed.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh No! I quasi miss digital... my digital camera is a relic, so I rarely use it. Bills camera is far superior to mine... I want a new one but I am not sold on spending the money. Oh and I got a good deal on mine by going through http://www.pricewatch.com/cameras/ also Costco sometimes has good prices if you end up looking for a new one.

Erin said...

oh yeah ...

you we're in SD and didn't call!!?!?




j/k I wasn't in SD anyways :P