Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sea World

This Summer was spent working! Matt and I didn't have any vacation plans at all. Before school began I was anxious to "get away!" So one day, randomly, I decided that we should go to Sea World!!! It has been about 10 years since I have been, and it just sounded like a lot of fun. My older brother, Clint, has never been to Sea World (my family went there when he was on his mission to Scotland!) and he is a scuba diving instructor-so really, he already has the privilege of seeing the real "Sea World." Needless to say it was pretty clear that we had to invite him to come along! We got there early, and so there wasn't much of a crowd. We were done by 4:30 in the afternoon. It would have been nice to stay for the evening shows... but we didn't know what to do with ourselves for 3 hours. It was a fun trip, and I am glad I got to have a mini-vacation before school started! Here are some pictures!

I just love how the Beluga whales seem to smile at you!

I thought these dolphins were really cool. I learned that dolphins are actually small whales!

Matt and Clint show their excitement for sitting in the "Soak Zone" at the dolphin show.

Clint and his new friend show us their corresponding teeth!

Trainers spend the entire day working with the dolphins and whales to teach them their "behaviors"

Matt and Katie enjoying the Shamu show. Although in the "Soak Zone" we stayed relatively dry.

It was amazing to see the relationships the trainers had with the animals.

We got lucky to catch this polar bear emerge out of hiding.

I loved the penguins!! The one in the back is talking to the others!

5 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

SeaWorld is so much fun... Did you guys get the fun Pass where you can go back for the rest of the year? I hope you did so that we can go again before the end of the year. It looks like you had a great time and you took some great shots. I love the beluga photo!!

Erin said...

I actually think I might have been back to SD by 4:30 that day :P if you guys have the energy next time:
- get hand stamped at 4:30
- have Dinner with Bill and Erin
- go back in for shows
- go home humming the background music to the currently playing show

:)

Candace said...

I haven't been to Sea world since, well, I don't know when. How exciting you were able to take a mini vacation before school started. This is your last year of school. I love the pictures of Matt and Clint.

Chris Grover said...

First off, how cool about your brother serving in Scotland -- that's where I served, so I'm a bit biased!! Secondly, I LOVE Sea World! Is it just me, or does everyone else have that dream of swimming with the dolphins just like those fabulous trainers?! I so get the urge to jump in when I'm at Sea World!

Cristin said...

I like sea world, but I always feel a little weird eating fish (and chips) while watching fish.