Wednesday, February 14, 2007

10 Things I Learned About Valentine's Day

This year, Valentine's Day was a special one. Matt surprised me with a brand new, pink iPod shuffle! I had no idea that he was going to do that for me. In fact, I was under the impression that we weren't going to do anything "special" this year...just like last year. Valentine's day is just another day, and our love can be shown 365 days a year. So, I was completely taken by surprise and left unprepared! Well, all I could do was get up and make a nice breakfast and iron Matt's clothes for the day (things I don't do usually).

So, to make up for my lack of gift giving this Valentine's day I attempted the romantic route. Here are a few lessons I learned:

1. Rose petals can stain, use the fake ones
2. Dessert toppings are...cold.
3. Buy unscented candles, too many of them smell like clean laundry and fruit...not so romantic
3b. About 8 candles make the room look just perfect
4. You better make dinner plans a few days in advance... Denny's just isn't screaming romance.
5. NEVER assume that we aren't doing anything "special"
6. Plan time to shave your legs... sheesh
7. When you buy a card, put something kind of fun in it... or at least give a hint of what is coming.
8. Valentine's day is still Valentine's day at 8:30pm, 9:30pm, 10:30pm, then...that is about it, if it is on a weekday
9. Send a lot of text messages/emails/voicemails/whatever throughout the day
10. My husband still loves me, even if I was unprepared.

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's day!!

1 comment:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Cute list. Happy you had a good Valentine's Day.