Sunday, February 4, 2007

Best friend

In seventh grade I met my best friend. We had an English class together and we really didn't know one another until one day there was a fire drill. Candace was on crutches, and I saw she might have a hard time getting out of the classroom and walking to the "safety" zone. So, I went up to her and asked her if she needed any help. I don't remember, but I may have carried something for her, either way that was the day I met my best friend.
We discovered that we were both LDS, and our parents even knew one another from years past. Candace and I became inseprable. I loved being around her and she really brought me out of my shell (yes, she is the one you have to "thank"). Candace and I have had many years now of great memories. We did silly things at school, like wearing dressing up like complete goofballs (a slipper on one foot and a dress shoe on the other...and so on), we would sing and dance along to music as it blasted in the car, we toilet papered boys houses, and we shared our secret crushes with each other. We did everything best friends do.
Candace moved to Iowa in High School (to live with her dad) and s
o we were seperated, but we continued our friendship. When she got home, we had a great time taking college classes together and going to the Young Single Adult Ward together. I eventually got married to Matt and Candace got married to Tyler (a boy from my home ward).
This is life now. My bestfriend and I are able to talk anytime, and sometimes not enough, but we are always still connected in our hearts. I just went to Candace's baby shower for her first child. I can't believe my life has changed so much. It was an emotional experience to realize that after 11+ years of friendship our lives now are transitioning to motherhood. I love Candace dearly and I wish her all the best. She is going to be a great mom, and I can't wait to see her little girl!

2 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

That is so cool and how fun to look at those pictures of then and now!!!

Jamie

Erin said...

YAAAAY Candice!!! so exciting

-Erin