Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Stake Conference Talk

Well, here is the update on my Stake Conference talk. I was chosen to speak, and I was given notice about 15 minutes before the meeting of what my topic was going to be on. I was asked by Elder Workman to speak about my experiences with the young women (I am currently the 1st counselor in the YW in my ward) and how it has strengthened my testimony, and also to give the adults "tools" on how to help our young women as they have to live in a world with so many hardships. And I only got 10 minutes. So, as I sat on the stand next to Matt's dad (1st counselor in the Stake presidency) I quickly wrote out some notes.

Now each of the speakers were asked to speak last minute, so we all had to rely on the spirit. It was such a beautiful meeting and my heart was so full, I could not deny the spirit that I felt. And then, I got up to speak, and all those good feelings left! EEK! Well, not entirely, but I did have to use my notes, and I felt like I was just reading a list to everyone. However, many people did approach me and thanked me for my talk/testimony. I hope the spirit translated my talk for the congregation. I don't think I did a bad job, but I also can't really remember what I said anymore.

Well, it was a great stake conference, I learned a lot about myself and I am anxiously looking forward to general conference now!

No comments: