Friday, February 16, 2007

Stake Conference

About a week ago I was called by the Stake President. That is a pretty hefty call to have to take. I was asked to speak in the adult session of Stake Conference (tomorrow). The only problem is, I won't be given the topic until about an hour prior to the meeting, then there is also a chance that I won't be speaking at all, the general authority who is coming will call on a few people who have been "prepared" to speak. I have made a list of topics that I think I want to "prepare" for a potential talk. They are:
•Role of a woman/wife/mother
•Temple
•2007 mutual theme
•The Living Christ
•The Family
•Modern day prophets
•The atonement
•The fall
•Missionary work
•Callings
•Patience
•Balance in your life
•Testimony
•Honoring the priesthood
•The young women/the youth
•Youth Conference
•The plan of salvation
•“And Nothing Shall Offend Them”-a talk by David A. Bednar
•Symbols
•Prayer

I am kind of nervous, but I will rely on the spirit. I will let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Hope it went well Katie!! We had to speak on Sunday too. It's always so nerve racking.

Jamie and Family said...

ugh, wow! what happened? that is a big list, you are one prepared lady!!

Jamie