Friday, July 6, 2007

My two puppies

I took my dogs to the groomers the other day and they were feeling pretty shnazzy so we took some pictures. Here is a little history about our puppies.
Darla:

Darla was adopted by the family in 1997 (I think) after their home had been broken into and robbed. Matt's dad was away on business and so his mom went out and picked out Darla. She is a good, dog with some bad habits. She barks, digs, and freaks out around other dogs. But she has always treated Matt and I with all the love that she can. By default she became our dog, simply because we were the ones who live in the house.
Cooper:

We got Cooper in 2004 after a couple in our ward had to move suddenly for work and they weren't able to take their dog. We adopted him and brought him home to meet Darla. We weren't really sure how that was going to go, so we sat out in the backyard with them for half and hour or so to just observe. I would say they spent the first 10 minutes "marking" their territory and sniffing one another, but after they settled that, they became great friends. When we first got Cooper, he was a jumper. He could jump high and lick you in the face! He has really brought out the puppy in Darla, and they really have become wonderful friends.


4 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I love the pics.... I think both of them are really cute. I would say we should have a playdate but you know Artie would want to try eating their heads...

Cristin said...

I just wanted you to know that Luke is sitting on my lap right now and when he saw the pictures he started barking and saying in a high pitched voice, "Doggies! Doggies!"

Katie said...

Awwww, so cute, thanks for that comment Cristin, that made my day.

Chris Grover said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE dogs!! Especially the big ones that you can ride like a horse! (I may be a bit biased since we have a chocolate lab who IS the size of a horse!). These are beauties and I think it's so great that they have each other too. I often wonder how our Chase would do with another pup around! Too bad for him, because now he's getting a baby to tug on his ears, so he'll have to do without another 4-legged creature for awhile!