Thursday, July 5, 2007

Girls' Camp

I went to girls' camp this summer with my young women (I am the 1st counselor in the Young Women presidency in my ward). Camp is up near Big Bear, it is called Camp de Benniville Pines. It is mostly a scout camp I think. It is a large camp, with cabins, meeting rooms, a lodge/cafeteria, and pool. This year they had a wonderful theme "Daughters of a King." I was very impressed by the preparation that was put into camp this year. The girls had so many activities to keep them busy and learning, and it all ended with a beautiful spiritual program and testimony meeting. It left me feeling like I wanted to go home and work harder on who I am. I also was able to tell my young women how much I love them. They are all such good girls and I am proud of them, we don't have a big group...anyone in Utah would probably think I was kidding when I tell them that we have 7 girls TOTAL. Our unofficial motto is "We are small, but mighty!" Here are some pictures and the episode of Mormoncast I made about girls camp.

These are my girls that could make it to girls camp.

I was literally thrown in the pool. I was prepared though, I made sure I had my bathing suit on under my clothes.


One of my girls decided one evening to do my hair, this is what she came up with. I wore it like this for the rest of the day. Everyone called me "Cindy Lou Who"


Mormoncast Episode 43 "Katie Goes to Girls' Camp"

3 comments:

Cristin said...

Sounds like it was really fun. I am going to girls camp this year at the end of the month!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Looks like you had a great time. I'm a little jealous. I think working with the youth is the best. Not that working with our little one's isnt great but there is something so special about young women and men. How fun.. thanks for sharing

Tracy said...

I LOVED THIS!!! It was so much fun to see pictures and especially see video of people who I love and haven't seen for almost 3 years! I had to watch Amy talk atleast 7 times to really believe that was her voice! My daughter Taylor, who was best friends with her, still doesn't believe it. That was fantastic Katie, thank you!