Saturday, October 27, 2007

A little catch-up

If I may, I feel the need to post SOMETHING! So, I figured I could just sit down and write about all the many things that are going on with Matt and I that keep so busy and away from my blog, and sometimes away from the other blogs I love to read on a daily basis!

When Matt started working at his job a few years ago there was a certain time of the year when they didn't have much to do, the time kind of dragged on, and Matt had a lot of "free" time. Well, gratefully the business is doing very well and it has shown in Matt's schedule lately. Because of the nature of his work Matt is sometimes gone ALL day, he has to travel to neighboring cities frequently (LA is a very common destination), and at times he has to leave for days. His most recent trip was to Chicago, and in a few days he will be leaving for Las Vegas. Not only is he busy on the road...but they also have to edit all this wonderful footage, so a lot of long and sometimes late days at the office. In addition to his regular job he also has his other production company that he is a partner in with his friends. They are currently in the process of speaking to some VERY big names in the movie industry. Each week they have several meetings, they get together often to improve their presentation, which includes hours of artwork, editing, storyline, etc. Here is a picture of a late night creative meeting. I know that making this movie is going to be a wonderful experience, it just takes a long time to get through all the red tape.

I am currently heading into the midterm season of school. Luckily the classes that I am taking are not uber difficult, but there is sooooo much information to remember. Take pharmacology for instance, first of all...I didn't sign up to be a pharmacist, so this isn't exactly my cup of tea. Second, do you know how "exhilarating" it is to sit and listen about ALL different types of drugs: their names, what they do, their adverse reactions, their drug interactions...just saying it all now makes me want to put a fork in my eye!! Ok, well not really, but you get my drift. Then I have a lot of pressure in my clinic. We are given a certain number of appointments and we have a certain number of requirements to fulfill, unfortunately the appointments and requirements aren't always matching up. I am running out of appointment times and have a lot of requirements left! I have project after project to complete, one of which, we found out yesterday, is a no go and we have to come up with another topic...and it is due at the end of the semester. I could go on, but I have a feeling I may lose some readers at this point.

Some good things that have happened: I was able to catch up with a friend of mine from high school at a Halloween party. Matt and I went to the beach to see our buddy Chip ride during his final day of riding his bicycle across the United States. We finished our ward road show (if anyone knows what that is like...then you know why I am so happy for it to be over!)
I was able to spend some time with my family to celebrate a couple of birthdays (Happy Birthday Clint and Natalie!).
I was able to get a 2 hour full body massage from my extremely talented sister, Erika. (If anyone is interested...let me know and I can get you her information). And I also get to spend the entire day today with Matt. Today is our annual church Halloween party and Matt and I usually go all out. Here a few pictures of the previous years. We shall see what we come up with!

6 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Your costumes are great! I love the old couple. It really had me do a double take. I hope all is well with your family. Natalie looks great! Please tell her hi from me. I miss hearing about eberyone. I loved this catch up blog.

Erin said...

wow you have been busy! looks like fun though! Wow Andrew is all grown up!! he looks so different. I love the costumes. I'm pretty sure I'm being lame and doing absolutely nothing this year for Halloween. I kinda wish we had a party like that, and Bill was more into Halloween. San Diego tends to be your stereotypical college town lets put a keg in the kitchen party.... not exactly my cup of tea... I want candy corns and dry ice in punch gadnabbit! :P

Ashley said...

I love Halloween pictures

Candace said...

I love it... That was such a great entry. I love the Halloween pictures.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

sounds like you've been pretty busy!1 Fun post!! I love catching up on your lives!! and u need to post up some of the pics from your trunk or treat room and costumes!!

Jamie and Family said...

hygentist school sounds very overwhelming. you are doing so good!

And glad to hear matt is busy! That's a good thing....if you can still squeeze in some time here and there with eachother.

And WOW, you guys really do go all out for Halloween!! Great job!!!!!1