Friday, January 11, 2008

CREEPY!!!


Each night as Matt and I get ready for bed we usually turn the tv over to channel 13 to watch re-run episodes of Seinfeld. Well for some reason last night we didn't bother to change the channel and the local news came on. I wasn't watching every news story in depth but as soon as they flashed this mugshot up on the screen you better believe me I was all ears.

This person, James, has been arrested for raping a girl in Huntington Beach, CA. Of course this is upsetting, and thank goodness that he has been arrested but the main reason I was so intrigued by the story is because I have actually had interactions with this person!!!

Without divulging information that I am morally obligated not to divulge the gist of it is this: I spoke to him on the phone for about 15 minutes as he proceeded to yell and scream and curse at me, because my organization (in his mind) had caused him great distress. I got to be his verbal punching bag to let off his steam. Believe me, it wasn't easy to sit there and take it with a smile, but I figured that he was crazy.

The next day I actually had person-to-person contact with him, and unfortunately his reputation of being a real big jerk was confirmed.

I can't tell you how freaky it is looking at a mugshot of someone you "know." Granted I am not like a daily person in his life, but having had any kind of contact with him creeps me out! Last night I prayed that the "judicial system will be fair and accurate in their dealings with this person," instead of him being released early and allowed to roam the streets of Orange County. If I ever have to see him in person again, it will be too soon.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yikes Scary!!

In High school, I was at a friends house and this guy was making me very uncomfortable. My male friends ended up confronting him and making him leave. About a week later I read in the paper this same guy raped a girl at the mall!

I hope the judicial system hands him what he really needs.