Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger



Heath Ledger
April 4, 1979-January 22, 2008

So I was very sad to hear about one of my favorite actors dying today. Heath Ledger was born in Australia and is probably most famous for his role in "Brokeback Mountain" which I never saw, but my dad said it was a very good movie. I kind of fell onto the Heath Ledger bandwagon when I saw "10 Things I Hate About You" and I continued loving his adorable mug on "Knight's Tale." I haven't seen all his movies, but I was sure looking forward to the next Batman flick with him AND Christian Bale...how did I get so lucky???

I think that his untimely death (it kind of creeped us out cuz he is the same age as Matt) is extremely sad. He isn't one of those actors who splashes his life all over the media. He seemed pretty put together and any loss of a family member is sad. My warmest prayers go out to his family.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I jumped on the Ledger bandwagon when he was 18 and in a bad tv series called roar :P

I feel so sad that his daughter won't get to grow up with him in her life. I hate to see anyone so young die.

Candace said...

I know what you mean Katie. My thought go out to his family, especially his little girl..

Jennifer said...

I love Heath too and was really sad to hear of his death. I also love Christian Bale too!