Monday, March 24, 2008

I may need a frontal labotomy...or I can just post

I have a lot of things going on right now, and it would take too many posts to describe them all, but it would be good for me to just put them out there and kind of empty my brain.

  • This last week was SPRING BREAK!!! I have been needing a break from school like you wouldn't believe. The stress of it all was actually making me physically sick (not incapacitated, just uncomfortable). Thank goodness for having some time off. Granted, I have plenty of school work that I could have and should have been working on, but I just ended up working at my oral surgery office for the week.
  • My poor dog Darla has an ear infection that just doesn't want to go away. This is her 2nd ear infection since September, and we are on our second round of ear drops. It is sad to see her try to scratch her ears, but then she can't because it hurts too much.
  • Matt has been traveling for work a lot lately. Since November he has been to London, Boston, Atlanta, and just for today (literally) he is in Phoenix. He sure is accumulating frequent flier miles. Unfortunately though, today a rock hit the windshield of his rental car and put a crack in it :(
  • Tomorrow is my National Board exam! I have been walking around feeling fairly confident (even though I know I am not really as confident as I have been acting), and today the nerves have really hit me! I have been going over multiple practice questions and grading myself. I actually need to stop (hence taking the time to write a post) so my brain can rest. The test is given in two parts: 1. (4 hours) 200 questions: multiple choice on anything and everything we have learned over the last two years. Everything from radiology, pathology, pharmacology, nutrition, anatomy, dental materials, microbiology, etc. and after we take a break for an hour lunch we have part 2. (4 hours) 100 questions: multiple choice based on case studies. We are given photographs, x-rays, health histories, etc. and we are given questions based on the case studies. It is a lot of information, and I hope I can sleep tonight
  • My grandmother is sick. Several years ago when I was a kid she had a heart attack, and after a triple bypass and lots of exercise she was back to normal. Well, ever since my grandpa left this life over 5 years ago my grandma just hasn't been the same. The other day they took my grandma to the doctor and they found a blockage in her heart. With her age and her current life situations she would prefer to forgo any surgical procedures and let nature take it's course. Of course we don't really know yet what this means as far as her lifespan is concerned, but we will all be watching her closely.
  • I have a cold...grr, not the best time to get sick.
  • My house needs to be cleaned from top to bottom! I haven't had the time or the energy to do a real deep cleaning in a long time. I need to do dishes, fold clothes, vacuum, mop, scrub, and throw away all the clutter that is causing me to take big acrobatic steps next to my bed.
  • I got to spend the weekend with my family (minus my mom and my youngest sister--since they live in Utah). My dad is an accountant, so as you can imagine he is quite busy right now, and yet we have 3 family birthdays (my dad, my sister Erika, and myself) within a 3 weeks span right now. So we used Easter as an excuse and we all got to get together for a Easter egg hunt for my nephew Tanner, then out to lunch at a Benihana-style restaurant to celebrate. It was really cool to spend time with (almost) all of my family.
  • I killed our keyboard today. I just sat down to check my email and I bumped a cup of water that was sitting on the desk and it spilled onto the keyboard. I tried to dry it out and did keyboard CPR on it, but alas...it died. So I ran to Fry's to buy a new one. That is just something we can't live without! We do have a laptop, but Matt took it with him on his trip to Phoenix to keep himself occupied in the airport.
Well, I think that should do it. I was able to clear out some of my thoughts. Thank goodness for having a place to vent my brain. I need it especially today!

5 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Good luck on your board exam tomorrow!! I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope she feels better. We missed you guys yesterday- You guys should come over for dinner on Sunday.

Candace said...

Let me know how you did on your exam. It was fun sitting by you in church yesterday.... CALL ME LATER.

Erin said...

good luck on your exam! soon school will be done and that will be one less thing! I hope everything works out with your grandma thats scary stuff to worry about and deal with :(
I'm sure you will do great on your exam!

Shannon Nielsen said...

Wishing you well on your exam and with your grandma - is this the one who gave you all her cake decorating materials? Tell Matt hello from Paul and I!

Jennifer said...

wow you do have a lot on your plate right now! i think your exam is over by now. when will you find out how you did? best of luck!