Tuesday, March 25, 2008

National Board Day

Well, an update on my National Board exam...I'M DONE!!!! Yeeee-haw! I would do a cartwheel if I could. The first part of my exam wasn't too bad, I finished in 2 hours. The junior class provided lunch for us and we all did our very best NOT to talk about the exam. The second half was actually 150 questions, not 100. My brain started frying part way through. Time was standing still, and I think my eyes started playing tricks on me. But I took some time to stretch and relax, then got back to work. I finished the second half in 2 hours also.

It feels wonderful to have this done. I will never have to take this exam ever again (assuming I passed). I am so grateful to have the training and education that I was given. I felt prepared for the exam! One other small detail that makes me feel pretty good about my chances to pass are the way they "grade" the exam. It is compared to every other exam in the entire nation. So therefore, if 80% of the people get a question right, that is the most that they can make that question worth...or something like that. Which means that if there are areas that don't have the same education level as California, that puts us at an advantage! The only bad part is I have to wait 6 weeks to get my results :(

Now I can relax!!! I am thinking I will celebrate with some Mexican food for dinner "Ole!"

9 comments:

Karli said...

yeeee hawwwwwwwwwwwwwww we are done! i was in the zone trying to finish the cases and i didnt even realize that 2 hours had passed and i looked across the room and half the people were gone....i was like where have i been??? whatever its over! well...now time to get started on those other projects...bummer. when one thing ends another begins! see you manana :)

Candace said...

Congratulations KATIE. I bet you did great. You should go to ColdStones as well. YOU DESERVE IT...

MaryAnn said...

I hope you had fun celebrating! Congrats!!!

Erin said...

WOOO! congrats! mmmm mexican food *drool*

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Contrats Katie!!

Ashley said...

Congrats! I know you did well because you are one smart cookie. ;)

Cristin said...

Katie, this is such great news! I can't wait to hear how you did. What a big accomplishment!

Shannon Nielsen said...

What a relief for you and a sense of accomplishment! Congrats and eat up and enjoy!

Elliott said...

Congrats on the exam! I've been slow to get out and see everyone's blogs so I missed the chance to pass along my sure-fire test-taking secret weapon: chocolate. Lots of chocolate. Serious brain food. Take it from a professor, the dark ambrosia is the key to academic success. Not that you needed it as I'm sure you did fine. Of course, you could always go to town now and call it even...
Congrats on the exam!