Friday, September 7, 2007

Mind Numbing

Today was a special day for me. I have been thinking about it all summer long, and I have been telling people about it for so long, and today was the day! I gave my very first (and second) injection! My first patient was Kari. She had worked on me earlier that day... so it was quite convenient to have her in MY chair :) I wasn't too sure how confident I was about actually giving the injection, but we were all a little timid. Luckily we each had an instructor sitting right next to us (and in some cases literally holding our hands). The injections we learned were very basic, but it is still a bit intimidating to go for that first INSERTION! I am so glad that I have finally broken the anesthetic ice and I look forward to a full semester of injections! (The really fun part is...it is our class right before lunch time, so every Friday I should be eating softer foods) And for those of you who don't like "shots" just think of this as your payback. We get to LEARN on each other!!! Eek!

This is the Cypress College dental hygiene class of 2008!

I love this picture...LOL, I am so weird!

I'M GOING FOR IT!!!! Luckily the picture doesn't show how nerve-racking it is!

An interesting abstract look into our world... hope you enjoyed my adventure!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Maryanne, if you read this...I want to know if I can be invited to your blog. If you need to email me, my address is Katie_Worley@yahoo.com

Jamie and Family said...

I can't believe this. I honestly cannot imagine doing such a thing. OR having it done to me EVERY week!!!!! YOu are amazing!!!

Karli said...

hahah! i love kari's face in that picture above!! her eyeballs are huge!!!hahhah! i am glad that i was able to help you document this momentous occasion!!! you did a great job too!
karli

Karli said...

hahah! i love kari's face in that picture above!! her eyeballs are huge!!!hahhah! i am glad that i was able to help you document this momentous occasion!!! you did a great job too!
karli

Karli said...

ps. i am such a dork and accidentally posted twice! and i am a picture stealer! i copied the great pics you took during lab and made my own post! hehe! thanks for sharing! :)

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I know how much you were looking forward to being able to do this. I think I told you this is the part that I absolute hate and I mean hate about going to the dentist. I know it's only for a brief minute but it's the worst pain ever. I can't believe you are going to be doing this for a semester. You are one brave girl!!!

Candace said...

Congrats Katie, I am so excited for you. I don't know if I could do that.

Erin said...

Katie you need to live closer so you can mess with my teeth :P

Tracy said...

fascinating Katie!!!!!