Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Argh Matey!

We have picked out our bedding set for the nursery! I think it is so cute, and it will still be awesome as a toddler's room. Matt usually doesn't like the conventional style of doing things, so I wasn't surprised when he liked the pirates. Now I just need some ideas for decorating the room. What colors do we paint the room? Should we have a crib with light wood, dark wood, or even painted a different color? I am horrible at decorating...anyone who really knows me knows that, so I could really use some help here! The room we are using for the nursery is pretty big, so there is a lot of room for ideas!

6 comments:

Erin said...

yaaaay pirates!

hmm you should paint a desert island on one wall :P

and get a parrot that just repeats dead men tell no tales!! I can see the boat shaped toddler bed now!

ahoy mateys!

Jennifer said...

oh my gosh where did you find that stuff? So Cute!! I'm not the greatest decorator either I am always turning to my mom for that. She is AMAZING at it.

Jennifer said...

I do think a dark stained crib would look good though. :)

Unknown said...

That is way cute. I think a dark stained crib would look cute as well.

Shannon Nielsen said...

Very avante gard so therefore perfect for you two! Like the idea of the room growing with him, smart. I can see a net in the corner of the ceiling holding stuffed animals with an anchor hanging from it. I see a toy chest done like a treasure chest. What about a framed map on his wall that starts with a wedding photo of the two of you, and has dots leading to all the important events in your life with pictures or sketches & then ends with him & a big X. Do an accent wall in red maybe and the rest in beige.

MaryAnn said...

I love this idea! I would keep the paint and other permanent things basic (solid colors) and then add accent items lampshades, diaper holder,nightlight etc. If you don't care about having to redecorate the room when he's older then go all out. You'll be spending a lot of time in there, so make sure you like it.