Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!!! Matt and I started our morning off by going to our annual church pancake breakfast. It is always something to look forward to. I've been going to these breakfasts since I was a kid, so it really means a lot to me to go and see the scouts raise the flag, then enjoy the yummy food!

We enjoy our freedom by taking advantage of the fact that we have the day off! We've already taken our dogs on a nice long walk to try to tire them out. They have a lot of energy and they don't get out much. Our new neighbors have a couple of dogs so they have been getting pretty worked up with their new barking buddies.

I think we will just spend the rest of the day watching our Netflix movies, and going to the park to fly our remote control planes.

I hope you all have an enjoyable holiday. I love living in America, I am so grateful for all the freedom that we have. I've said it before, and I will say it again, I am grateful to live in a country where I can go to school and get an education and raise my daughters and sons to make their own choices.

And last, but not least, I am grateful for the men and women that serve the country in all their capacities. I am grateful for the armed forces, for the police, for the firefighters, and everyone in between. My cousin Royce is currently serving in Iraq with the Marines. I pray that he is safe. I can't wait for him to come home.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How fun to fly remote control planes! Dan loves toys like that. We want to have you guys come over this summer for a bbq and swimming!