Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We are having a....

We went in for our ultrasound today! I've been so excited for today. I have been practically counting down the days! Last night I could hardly sleep. I started waking up at 2 am, then each hour after that. Luckily our appointment was first thing in the morning, so we got to go right in. Out tech lady was really nice, and when she asked me if I wanted to know the gender I think I might have scared her by nearly yelling "YES!" Ha! So, she got right to work and started taking a bunch of pictures. Here are a few:

It took her forever to get the baby to cooperate just to get a profile shot. I even had to lay on my side, but the baby just wasn't cooperating. FINALLY, she managed to snap a quick picture of the baby on its side. A couple of times she had to tap on my belly to try to get the baby to move. It was kind of funny.

Here are the baby's feet. You can see the little toes. Aren't they cute!?!

Thumbs up baby!

And of course, I must reveal the sex of our baby. We are having a little baby boy!!! Here is the picture to prove it!
I am so thrilled to be having a boy. When she told us that we were having a boy I just started to cry! It is actually kind of funny because my family seems to go for the boys being first born: my dad, my brother, my nephew, and now our little boy! I couldn't be any happier. Matt is pretty excited too. I think he is just going to love having a son to play with, after all Matt is a little boy on the inside too.

No names have been discussed. We were joking with our ultrasound lady about baby names like Yoda, Anakin, and other sci-fi names. Then she told us about a lady that came in with her twin boys that she had named "Cain" and "Abel"! I can't even believe that there are people out there that are that mean to their babies. I know I am going to be putting a lot of thought into baby names (I will happily take suggestions).

So there it is, our little baby boy, we can't wait to see you baby!

14 comments:

Erin said...

YAAAYYYYYYY BOY!!! Post belly shots!!!! I'm so excited for you! but feel sorry for any possible future daughter who will have not only a dad but a big brother to deal with when she tries to date :D at least you'd be able to sleep at night.

ooooo my dad was really rooting for Ramulus and Remus Ramos for my cousins twins :D for some reason they didn't take him seriously...go figure.

Cristin said...

A Boy! Good luck with that. No, seriously, kids are great.... when they're sleeping!

Don't you love ultrasounds? I do. It always made me feel so much better to see the baby and know he was healthy that way.

Candace said...

Thanks again for calling me. I am so EXCITED for you and Matt. Love you!

Susie said...

I am so excited! He and Nathan will be the best of friends!!!!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I'm so excited for you!! I told you Mikey was going to have a partner in crime. :)

Susanne said...

That is so exciting! Boys are so fun! Congrats! ♥

Val said...

I vote Zoltar!
lol, jk KT

Holly said...

WHHHAAAA-HOOOOOEEEEYYY! (Ok, it sounded better in my head!) :) Congrats on the "man-cub" news! Yes, if you haven't already seen "Jungle Book" then start watching now so you'll be ready for when the little man comes! Your pics were great - especially the thumbs up, like he knew you were takin' a peek. How nice for him to learn to pose so early. :) Hey, we'll have to go shopping for cute boy clothes together! Hee, hee, hee...

Tracy said...

HOW EXCITING!! Congratulations - it will be fun to think about it all so differently now that you know you will have a son. Yay Matt and Katie!!!

Ashley said...

So exciting. I can't believe you are this far along!

MaryAnn said...

So, you know people are going to want to start arranging marriages with him now don't you? Yeah a boy! I am excited for you. I think that Luke is a good name, we wanted to use it, but we had a girl and my brother already has a Lucas. Caroline (used to be Stevens of Cam 1) is going to have another boy and they are naming him Bruce. Lots of good boy names out there . . .good luck picking just one!

Jennifer said...

Wow a boy how exciting!!!! i'm so happy for you both!

Jamie and Family said...

I've been wondering about this....and was so happy to click on and see the news!! Isn't it so strange that it's this mystery inside of you for so long.....and now you know!! You can picture him (or try) and prepare for him and talk about names (hope its easier for you than us).

Congrats!

Jolie said...

WOW! A boy!!! It must be the year for boys. At least from my corner of the globe, literally EVERY friend I have that has had/will have a baby this year, we're all having BOYS. So in other words, I hope that somewhere out there, in another corner of the globe, everyone is having girls, otherwise these guys won't have anybody to date and marry!! ;-D

We'll be in the same boat together; bringing up our first son. I know I have lots to learn about raising a BOY after having two girls. Congrats!!

p.s. my vote for names is 'Adama' from Battlestar Galactica. ;-)