Sunday, July 27, 2008

Poor Dad

My dad is in the hospital right now. Lately he has been having some kind of terrible abdominal pain and after 3 visits to the emergency room and a consultation with his gastroenterologist, they elected to remove his gallbladder. They weren't sure if the surgery would fix the problem, but when they got in there they did find that his gallbladder was pretty inflamed.

So, after this usually simple procedure, my a portion of my dad's right lung collapsed. YIKES! He is fine, but still, it isn't that much fun for him. The crazy part is that this procedure is usually outpatient, but he is still in the hospital 2 days later, going on three.

I am not sure what the point of me blogging about this is, but I just wanted to put it out there. Get well daddy-o!

3 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Hope your dad is feeling better. I've suffered from gallbladder pain so I can relate. Hope he makes a swift recovery

Erin said...

gah poor dadums... Hope this start looking up for him soon :(

Jennifer said...

I hope he gets better soon! My Dad has had some health issues this year and its kind of scary. My Dad is doing much better now and I hope yours is too.